Page 1 of 1

Property nBorderStyle of TForm

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:48 am
by Roberto
Hi,
The Form does not appear if I set nBorderStyle to bsSPLASH or bsNONE, any
other seems to be ok.
Why? I did it it the past but I can't do it right now!
Tks

Property nBorderStyle of TForm

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:51 am
by ignacio
Roberto,
A sample please. Here is working correctly.
Regards,
--
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
http://www.xailer.com
"Roberto" <roberto@top2.com.br> escribió en el mensaje
news:476726dc$1@ozsrv2.ozlan.local...
>
> Hi,
>
> The Form does not appear if I set nBorderStyle to bsSPLASH or bsNONE, any
> other seems to be ok.
>
> Why? I did it it the past but I can't do it right now!
>
> Tks

Property nBorderStyle of TForm

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:17 pm
by Roberto
I have a form with a button. The onclick event is listed below.
When I click the button, the oDlg does not appear. But if I change the property
nBorderStyle to bsDIALOG it works fine.
I tested it in another machine and I got the same behavior.
What i'm doing wrong??
Tks, in advance.
METHOD Button1Click( oSender ) CLASS TForm1
LOCAL oDlg
WITH OBJECT oDlg := TForm():New()
:nBorderStyle := bsSPLASH
:Create()
:ShowModal()
END
RETURN Nil
"Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga" <NoName@xailer.com> wrote:
>Roberto,
>
>A sample please. Here is working correctly.
>
>Regards,
>
>--
>Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
>http://www.xailer.com
>
>
>"Roberto" <roberto@top2.com.br> escribió en el mensaje
>news:476726dc$1@ozsrv2.ozlan.local...
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The Form does not appear if I set nBorderStyle to bsSPLASH or bsNONE,
any
>> other seems to be ok.
>>
>> Why? I did it it the past but I can't do it right now!
>>
>> Tks
>
>

Property nBorderStyle of TForm

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:19 pm
by Roberto
I have a form with a button. The onclick event is listed below.
When I click the button, the oDlg does not appear. But if I change the property
nBorderStyle to bsDIALOG it works fine.
I tested it in another machine and I got the same behavior.
What i'm doing wrong??
Tks, in advance.
METHOD Button1Click( oSender ) CLASS TForm1
LOCAL oDlg
WITH OBJECT oDlg := TForm():New()
:nBorderStyle := bsSPLASH
:Create()
:ShowModal()
END
RETURN Nil
"Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga" <NoName@xailer.com> wrote:
>Roberto,
>
>A sample please. Here is working correctly.
>
>Regards,
>
>--
>Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
>http://www.xailer.com
>
>
>"Roberto" <roberto@top2.com.br> escribió en el mensaje
>news:476726dc$1@ozsrv2.ozlan.local...
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The Form does not appear if I set nBorderStyle to bsSPLASH or bsNONE,
any
>> other seems to be ok.
>>
>> Why? I did it it the past but I can't do it right now!
>>
>> Tks
>
>

Property nBorderStyle of TForm

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:46 pm
by ignacio
Roberto,
Try this:
WITH OBJECT oDlg := TForm():New( Self )
Regards,
--
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
http://www.xailer.com
"Roberto" <roberto@top2.com.br> escribió en el mensaje
news:47694479@ozsrv2.ozlan.local...
>
> I have a form with a button. The onclick event is listed below.
> When I click the button, the oDlg does not appear. But if I change the
> property
> nBorderStyle to bsDIALOG it works fine.
>
> I tested it in another machine and I got the same behavior.
>
> What i'm doing wrong??
>
> Tks, in advance.
>
> METHOD Button1Click( oSender ) CLASS TForm1
> LOCAL oDlg
>
> WITH OBJECT oDlg := TForm():New()
> :nBorderStyle := bsSPLASH
> :Create()
> :ShowModal()
> END
>
> RETURN Nil
>
>
> "Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga" <NoName@xailer.com> wrote:
>>Roberto,
>>
>>A sample please. Here is working correctly.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>--
>>Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
>>http://www.xailer.com
>>
>>
>>"Roberto" <roberto@top2.com.br> escribió en el mensaje
>>news:476726dc$1@ozsrv2.ozlan.local...
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The Form does not appear if I set nBorderStyle to bsSPLASH or bsNONE,
> any
>>> other seems to be ok.
>>>
>>> Why? I did it it the past but I can't do it right now!
>>>
>>> Tks
>>
>>
>

Property nBorderStyle of TForm

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:33 pm
by Roberto
Dear Ignacio,
I tryed, same result. I tryed too WITH OBJECT oDlg := TForm():New(Application:oMainForm)...
nothing.
:o(
tks,
"Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga" <NoName@xailer.com> wrote:
>Roberto,
>
>Try this:
>
>WITH OBJECT oDlg := TForm():New( Self )
>
>Regards,
>
>--
>Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
>http://www.xailer.com
>
>
>"Roberto" <roberto@top2.com.br> escribió en el mensaje
>news:47694479@ozsrv2.ozlan.local...
>>
>> I have a form with a button. The onclick event is listed below.
>> When I click the button, the oDlg does not appear. But if I change the
>> property
>> nBorderStyle to bsDIALOG it works fine.
>>
>> I tested it in another machine and I got the same behavior.
>>
>> What i'm doing wrong??
>>
>> Tks, in advance.
>>
>> METHOD Button1Click( oSender ) CLASS TForm1
>> LOCAL oDlg
>>
>> WITH OBJECT oDlg := TForm():New()
>> :nBorderStyle := bsSPLASH
>> :Create()
>> :ShowModal()
>> END
>>
>> RETURN Nil
>>
>>
>> "Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga" <NoName@xailer.com> wrote:
>>>Roberto,
>>>
>>>A sample please. Here is working correctly.
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>
>>>--
>>>Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
>>>http://www.xailer.com
>>>
>>>
>>>"Roberto" <roberto@top2.com.br> escribió en el mensaje
>>>news:476726dc$1@ozsrv2.ozlan.local...
>>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> The Form does not appear if I set nBorderStyle to bsSPLASH or bsNONE,
>> any
>>>> other seems to be ok.
>>>>
>>>> Why? I did it it the past but I can't do it right now!
>>>>
>>>> Tks
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>

Property nBorderStyle of TForm

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:45 pm
by jfgimenez
Roberto,
the property nBorderStyle *has* to be assigned before the form is created,
that is, before calling New(). So, your sample should work as:
METHOD Button1Click( oSender ) CLASS TForm1
LOCAL oDlg
WITH OBJECT oDlg := TForm()
:nBorderStyle := bsSPLASH
:New()
:ShowModal()
END
RETURN Nil
--
Regards,
Jose F. Gimenez
http://www.xailer.com
http://www.xailer.info

Property nBorderStyle of TForm

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:25 pm
by Roberto
Tks, but did not solve.
See test1.zip
"Jose F. Gimenez" <jfgimenez@wanadoo.es> wrote:
>Roberto,
>
>the property nBorderStyle *has* to be assigned before the form is created,
>that is, before calling New(). So, your sample should work as:
>
> METHOD Button1Click( oSender ) CLASS TForm1
> LOCAL oDlg
>
> WITH OBJECT oDlg := TForm()
> :nBorderStyle := bsSPLASH
> :New()
> :ShowModal()
> END
>
> RETURN Nil
>
>--
>Regards,
>
>Jose F. Gimenez
>http://www.xailer.com
>http://www.xailer.info
>
>

Property nBorderStyle of TForm

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:47 pm
by jfgimenez
Roberto,
> Tks, but did not solve.
>
> See test1.zip
You forgoted to attach the file.
--
Regards,
Jose F. Gimenez
http://www.xailer.com
http://www.xailer.info

Property nBorderStyle of TForm

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:29 pm
by Roberto
Sorry, here is it.
"Jose F. Gimenez" <jfgimenez@wanadoo.es> wrote:
>Roberto,
>
>> Tks, but did not solve.
>>
>> See test1.zip
>
>You forgoted to attach the file.
>
>--
>Regards,
>
>Jose F. Gimenez
>http://www.xailer.com
>http://www.xailer.info
>
>

Property nBorderStyle of TForm

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:49 pm
by Roberto
I attached the file test1.zip but it does no appear. Anyway, there is just
a form and a button inside it.
/*
* Project: Test1
* File: Form2.prg
* Description:
* Author:
* Date: 12-19-2007
*/
#include "Xailer.ch"
CLASS TForm2 FROM TForm
COMPONENT oButton1
METHOD CreateForm()
METHOD Button1Click( oSender )
ENDCLASS
#include "Form2.xfm"
//---------------------------------------------------------- --------------------
METHOD Button1Click( oSender ) CLASS TForm2
LOCAL oDlg
WITH OBJECT oDlg := TForm()
:nBorderStyle := bsNONE // or bsSPLASH does not work, only bsDIALOG,
bsTOOLTIP works fine
:New(Self)
:Create()
:lCentered := .T.
:ShowModal()
END
RETURN Nil
//---------------------------------------------------------- --------------------
"Jose F. Gimenez" <jfgimenez@wanadoo.es> wrote:
>Roberto,
>
>> Tks, but did not solve.
>>
>> See test1.zip
>
>You forgoted to attach the file.
>
>--
>Regards,
>
>Jose F. Gimenez
>http://www.xailer.com
>http://www.xailer.info
>
>

Property nBorderStyle of TForm

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:42 am
by Roberto
sorry, but do you have any other suggestion?
Tks,
"Jose F. Gimenez" <jfgimenez@wanadoo.es> wrote:
>Roberto,
>
>> Tks, but did not solve.
>>
>> See test1.zip
>
>You forgoted to attach the file.
>
>--
>Regards,
>
>Jose F. Gimenez
>http://www.xailer.com
>http://www.xailer.info
>
>

Property nBorderStyle of TForm

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:44 pm
by jfgimenez
Roberto,
sorry for the delay.
Please, try to upload the file to any free site and post here the url. F.e.,
http://www.senduit.com allows to upload files for upto 1 week.
--
Regards,
Jose F. Gimenez
http://www.xailer.com
http://www.xailer.info