Xailer is a complete 32 bits visual development environment for Xbase users, following the guide lines of other already existing programming environments (Foxpro, Delphi, Visual Basic,…). As any other complete visual environment includes:
- Form designer
- Professional Source code editor
- Intellisense support (code assistant)
- Property and events inspector
- Project manager with subproject support
- Report generator
- Resource manager
- Integrated Debugger
- Connection to multiple databases: Native SQLITE and MYSQL, ADO and WEB
- DBF and SQLITE professional editor included on the IDE
- Version control system: CVS and Subversion
- Specific controls to manage database that simplify tremendously its use
- Support of third party controls, including ActiveX. Great facility to create your own controls
- Support of plugins and assistants inside the IDE
- Support of Harbour and xHarbour compilers
And all these features are built over a unique interface, which is tremendously intuitive and permits the development of any project in record time.
Xailer executables are completely self-conteined, ie, you do not need any external library or execution environment like .NET or Java, for its execution. Neither you will need any kind of special installation of your programs, so any Xailer program can be considered as a portable excutable that can be directly executed from a pen drive for example.
Xailer has been created not only to be a migration tool for other Xbase products, but also to be suitable for any user that knows the Xbase programming language or any of its flavors. We believe that is possible to catch the attention of all those Xbase programmers that are already using CA-Clipper, and those that jumped to another environment due it’s limitations, such as the absence of an integrated development environment.
Xailer includes everything you need to get started and to create complete management applications, with no need to buy any other tool from a third party. The great advantage of Xailer over all the other development environments is its simplicity for being basically a development tool for management software based initially on the Xbase standard, although right now is more focussed on SQL database systems but keeping the xBase simplicity as much as possible.
Xailer consist of two well defined modules: the GUI library which provides the functions and classes that form the Xailer real engine and the IDE environment (made with Xailer’s GUI library) which permits the use of a unique visual interface for the creation of any development project.
Xailer uses the Harbour Open Source Compiler for the compilation process and the MinGW C compiler. The free Borland C++ 5.5 compiler can also be used.
Xailer is compatible with all the operating systems of Microsoft starting from Windows XP and is perfectly adapted to gain the maximum advantage of the new visual themes of Windows XP and above.
All the compiling and linking complexity is completely hidden to the user, but without losing the flexibility to include personal or third party libraries.
The class library has a tremendously simple and well structured hierarchy which can be adapted to your own needs, with no need to modify the library itself, just using the inheritance mechanism of any OOP system.
The integrated debugger will help you find errors easily, allowing step by step execution, entering or jumping over functions, establishing of break points, inspection of variables and objects, etcetera.
Xailer supports any ActiveX component, OCX controls included, and other third party component as well as components specifically made for Xailer. Xailer creates self-contained executables with no need for external DLL’s, including the ActiveX components, OCX and/or DLL which the developer wants to use.
Xailer includes Intellisense support. A code assistant so you do not have to memorize all the properties, methods and events of any of the Xailer controls. On the same way it also gives parameters information on methods and functions.
The robustness, reliability and speed are the three pillars on which Xailer flourishes, exceeding the rest of competitors on any of these aspects.
These are the main features of the Xailer license:
- The license is perpetual
- There are no royalties for application distribution
- Support and updates during the first year of product purchase
- Possibility of maintaining support and updates in future periods by contracting the renewal service
- The payment of the license is unique. There is no possibility of financing your purchase.
- The DEMO version of Xailer can only be used to evaluate the application. Its use is not allowed to develop commercial applications or for internal use.
- Any development create with the DEMO version can be commercialized or used internally, when it is finally compiled and linked with a licensed version of Xailer.
- The personal Xailer license, which is completely free, does not have any usage limitations.
Xailer allows you to have the software installed and active on a maximum of three computers (desktop, laptop & backup), and therefore only three of your computers will be able to access the product updates. In order to activate a fourth computer, you must necessarily deactivate Xailer on one of the active computers. A deactivated computer can only be reactivated after six months from its deactivation. Deactivation can only be done after three months after its activation. For this reason, the backup activation should only be used for its purpose.
All the registry operations can be done from the IDE menu option Help>Registry information.
Xailer is completely designed and developed by Spanish spoken programmers, that is, it is a Spanish product, but it has been written following English conventions and the documentation is done in Spanish and English. The IDE and the GUI library supports up to 8 languages:
Xailer is a commercial project led by José F. Giménez and Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga, with the considerable collaboration of José Lalín and Pedro Gil.
Credits also with the backing and collaboration of well known Xbase world programmers.
Our distributor Ciber-tec has prepare a large information about Xailer that can be found at the following link http://www.ciber-tec.com/xailereng.htm.
Web design and graphics: Eugenia Parra
Xailer’s IDE uses some icons from: